TULSA, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- Police are investigating after one man died outside a midtown Tulsa Whataburger early Wednesday morning.
- Tulsa police responded to the shooting call near 15th and Peoria around 2 a.m.
- Officers say an altercation inside the Whataburger continued into the parking lot where the man was then shot multiple times.
- Police identified the victim as Eldon Mustin.
- No arrests were made after questioning the shooter.
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
One person is dead after an altercation led to a shooting Wednesday morning at a midtown Tulsa Whataburger.
Tulsa police responded to a shooting call at the fast-food restaurant near 15th and Peoria around 2 a.m. and found a man had been shot multiple times.
The man was taken to the hospital where he later died. Police identified him as Eldon Mustin.
FOX23 Reporter Alyson Caffrey was at the scene Wednesday morning as detectives investigated the scene:
Police say the shooting stemmed from an altercation that began inside the Whataburger and spilled into the parking lot.
Detectives say the altercation started over a "Facebook beef."
The man who shot the victim ran from the scene to a family home where officers came to pick him up. He was questioned by detectives and later released.
Police say they reviewed video and interviewed multiple witnesses before determining not to arrest the shooter. Officers say the victim of the shooting was armed and appeared to be the aggressor.
This is a map showing the locations of homicide investigations in the City of Tulsa in 2019:
© 2020 Cox Media Group