TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Tulsa deputies are investigating a triple shooting in Sand Springs near 193rd West Avenue and Wekiwa Road.
- Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office confirms two people are dead and a third is injured.
- Investigators believe a man came into the home shot his wife, another man, and died when the other man returned fire.
- This is a developing story.
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
The Tulsa County Sheriff's Office is investigating a deadly triple shooting they say happened late Thursday night in Sand Springs.
Deputies were called to a neighbor's home near 193rd West Avenue and Wekiwa Road just after 8 p.m. about a woman found wounded outside.
The man called after he said he was taking his trash out and saw the woman injured from a gunshot wound in the front yard of a home nearby.
Deputies say they responded to the home and could see a body inside the house.
Oklahoma Highway Patrol helped deputies with entering the house as they say they did not know where a potential shooter could be.
Two men were found shot to death inside the home and bullet holes were scattered throughout the house.
Deputies say 46-year-old Douglas Dick shot his 42-year-old wife as he entered the home then began shooting at 43-year-old Ryan Huff.
Huff retrieved a gun and shot back at Dick -- both men died in the gun battle.
Dick's wife is recovering in the hospital and is expected to survive.
Huff is being mourned by the Bartlesville Public School district:
"The Bartlesville Bruin family will mourn the death of Ryan Huff. Ryan became the Assistant Principal at Central Middle School in 2007 and was named its Principal in 2011. He led the school through a $12.1 million restoration and during his tenure the school earned Reward Status from the Oklahoma State Department of Education and was named a Great Expectations Model School for three consecutive years. Ryan was named the Director of Athletics and Activities in 2017 and resigned the next year to go to work for Oklahoma Connections Academy in Bartlesville. He will be sorely missed, and his family members will need support from their many connections in the school district."
This is a developing story. DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
- Denise Nickerson, 'Willy Wonka' star, dead at 62, family says
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Dozens of drivers stop on highway to grab cash that spilled onto road
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Baby is first to be born in US from deceased donor's transplanted uterus
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.