TULSA, Okla. - QUICK FACTS:
- Olympic medalist Madeline Manning Mims won the 1968 gold medal in the 800-meter race, making her the only American woman to do so, according to ORU's website. Dr. Manning-Mims also won a silver medal in the 1972 Olympics.
- Came to Tulsa to be on a TV show at Oral Roberts University and later graduated from the university with her masters and doctorate degree.
- Dr. Manning-Mims has served as a chaplain for Team U.S.A. at the last eight Summer Olympic Games.
- Dr. Manning-Mims is now reaching out to young Tulsa athletes to help mentor them on the track and in life.
- Arizona border town demands feds remove razor wire from border wall
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Mom convicted of murder in infant son's diaper rash death
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- TCSO: Woman arrested after receiving fentanyl package from Mexico
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.