TULSA, Okla. - UPDATE: Since this story first aired, Nick Reynolds Funeral Home Service in Collinsville is working to help restore the damaged headstones and Katy Fleming, a Tulsa taxidermist, offered to clean growth off the headstones that are undamaged.
- The Victory Cemetery in Collinsville has been vandalized.
- Danny Stanley and Buel Anglen, who oversee the cemetery, told FOX23 that headstones were knocked over and split in half overnight.
- The cemetery is the oldest in Collinsville, dating back to the 1800s. For many years, it had been abandoned until the Victory Cherokee Organization started taking care of it.
- Stanley and Anglen say vandals have even targeted the overlooks put in place so people can enjoy the area's views.
- They say the damage will cost between $5,000 to $6,000 to fix. They started a GoFundMe page for people who want to help by donating money.
- Brett Kavanaugh confirmed to Supreme Court
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Police urge parents not to buy phone case that looks like gun
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Florida man threatens to kill Democratic Congress members over Kavanaugh vote
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.