OKMULGEE COUNTY, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Okmulgee deputies pulled over a vehicle on I-40 Friday night.
- They noticed a strong marijuana smell and found 110 pounds in the trunk.
- The driver and passenger were arrested. Officials said they are in the country illegally.
A traffic stop in Okmulgee County led deputies to recover more than 100 pounds of marijuana.
Officials pulled over a vehicle on I-40, south of Okmulgee, for making an unsafe lane change Friday night.
After noticing a strong marijuana smell, deputies searched the car and found 110 pounds of it in the trunk.
The car was driven by 29-year-old Armando Rios with 20-year-old Maria Isabel in the passenger seat. Deputies said they were both in the United States illegally.
Rios and Isabel were booked in the Okmulgee County Jail.
Trending Stories on FOX23.com:
- Tulsa Health Department investigates local outbreak of mumps
- 8-year-old says ‘angels' helped him lift car off dad's body and save him
- Scam alert: Do not answer calls or texts from these area codes
- Oklahoma House passes Blue Lives Matter bill
- Woman takes dog to shelter, changes mind, discovers dog euthanized
© 2018 Cox Media Group.