State files lawsuit against Swadley’s Foggy Bottom Kitchen, tourism director resigns

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. — The State of Oklahoma has filed a lawsuit against Swadley’s Foggy Bottom Kitchen days after a contract between the restaurant and the Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department was canceled.

In addition to the lawsuit, Jerry Winchester, the Director of the Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department has resigned. Winchester was hired in 2019.

The information was shared during a press conference Friday afternoon.

A contract between both parties was canceled earlier this week over suspected fraudulent activity and questionable business practices.

A legislative committee has been created to investigate the contract, and Swadley’s has issued a statement as well.

Friday afternoon, Gov. Stitt said that he couldn’t comment due to the pending investigation, but he has no relationship with Brent Swadley or any knowledge of the contract.

Lt. Governor Matt Pinnell also spoke during the press conference. Pinnell said the investigation will be fully transparent, and “no politics” will be played. The overall goal is to improve tourism in Oklahoma.

This is a developing story.