OKLAHOMA - The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation is looking to help people looking for criminal background checks on potential employees or strangers.
OSBI announced the launch of its Criminal History Information Request Portal on Monday.
The CHIRP system is online and allows users to check a name-based criminal history record from anywhere.
OSBI already provided public records that will be available in CHIRP, but the new system allows them to be accessed online.
The cost per name-based criminal history check is $15 per search. Other services include a Sex Offender Registry Search ($2) and a Violent Offender Registry Search ($2).
OSBI suggested the system can be used for potential employees, babysitters, pet or house sitters, or new relationships.
To create an account and request a background check visit OSBI's website here.
- Police: Ohio gunman who killed 9 was stopped in 30 seconds
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- El Paso shooting: Death penalty considered for suspect after 20 dead, dozens injured
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Teen arrested, accused of throwing 6-year-old from art museum's 10th floor
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.