TULSA, Okla. - Oklahoma Senator James Inhofe voiced his support for U.S. Environmental Protection Agency administrator Scott Pruitt.
Pruitt, the former Oklahoma Attorney General has been facing criticism lately related to multiple issues. The White House, congressional oversight committees and the EPA's inspector general are investigating Pruitt's ethical conduct, spending and more, according to the Associated Press.
Inhofe released the following statement about Pruitt:
“Since being sworn in, Administrator Pruitt has been instrumental in carrying out President Trump’s deregulatory agenda at the EPA—ending the war on fossil fuels, repealing WOTUS, exiting the Paris Agreement and announcing new fuel emissions standards.. So far, his reforms are estimated to save taxpayers over $1 billion in deregulatory savings. He’s been an effective member of the President’s team and I look forward to continuing to work with him to restore the EPA to its proper size and scope.”
- Oklahoma parent finds Blake Shelton's name in daughter's 1980s-era textbook
- Village bans some semi-automatic weapons, to fine owners daily who don't comply
- Bus driver helps girl with her hair after mother dies
- Tulsa teachers embark on 110-mile walk to lobby for education funding
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters for stories delivered to your inbox.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.