TULSA, Okla. - QUICK FACTS:
- Green The Vote officials say they exceeded the number of signatures needed to add State Question 797 to the Oklahoma November ballot.
- State Question 797 is for the legalization of recreational marijuana.
- Officials say just because they reached the petition goal, it doesn't mean it will be added to the ballot.
- There is still a process to verify every single signature, then the governor has to approve it before August 27.
- RELATED: View TIMELINE of events since medical marijuana passed in Oklahoma
- Marijuana is still illegal without medical license
- Oklahoma marijuana timeline
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
© 2019 Cox Media Group.