ADA, Okla. — An Oklahoma parent took to Facebook to voice her concerns after she claimed to find that her daughter was using the same school textbook as country music star Blake Shelton.
Shelly Parker of Ada posted a picture of the reading textbook Wednesday, as teachers across the Sooner State continued to protest at the state capitol over low education funding and teacher pay.
The picture included an inside look at the book, where "Blake Shelton 1981-82" is written on the inside of the front cover. The book appears to date back to 1981.
Parker said that though her daughter was excited that her textbook had belonged to Shelton, she was embarrassed and called for teachers, parents and support staffers to fight for education funding.
Trending on FOX23
- Oklahoma Teacher Walkout: The latest from across the state
- Does your child have school?
- News that matters on your timeline: Follow FOX23 News on Facebook
- Schools tackle testing questions
- Services available to students and parents during Oklahoma teacher walkout
Cox Media Group