TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Oklahoma license plates advertise tourism and TravelOK.com.
- The website features Oklahoma state parks.
- 16 state parks could close if lawmakers don't secure funding in the new budget.
Oklahoma’s new license plate could soon point people to attractions that are no longer available because of the state budget crisis.
The new light blue license plate features the Tourism and Recreation Department’s TravelOK.com website along with an “Explore Oklahoma” tagline.
The website showcases Oklahoma’s state parks.
Officials told FOX23 in the past that they have no more room to cut in the budget, and now lawmakers face tough choices.
While tourism officials are lobbying lawmakers to secure proper funding, Oklahoma drivers could soon be left advertising a website that features state parks no longer in operation.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Toddler may have frozen to death after wandering out in middle of night
- Maserati crashes into south Tulsa shop
- Gov. Fallin calls on Oklahoma legislator facing charges to resign
- Russian spy ship spotted off the Georgia coast
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app
- SIGN UP for the FOX23 Newsletter
© 2018 Cox Media Group.