OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma County and Tulsa Republican parties are speaking out against the recent treatment of the medical marijuana regulations.
The Tulsa County Republican party released a statement Monday to "condemn" the Oklahoma State Board of Health's "flagrant bureaucratic Authoritarianism."
The board, with the approval of Governor Mary Fallin, laid out new rules for the regulation of medical marijuana last week after State Question 788 passed in June.
"Last week’s actions by the OSBH are truly repugnant. Not only did they show no regard for the will of the people, but that they are truly part of the governmental swamp that seeks to legislate outside the republican form of government." -Oklahoma County Republican Chairman Daren Ward
Tulsa County Republican Chairman David McLain said they are asking Republicans to contact their legislators and "let your voice be heard."
- Police looking for a man accused of a home invasion in east Tulsa
- Trump, Putin sit down to begin closely watched summit
- Driver injured after car plunges from 4th floor of parking garage
- Texas fisherman reels in 14-foot hammerhead shark
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
© 2018 Cox Media Group.