TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- The U.S. Marshals Task Force said Ricky Long, 57, was shot multiple times in the head in North Carolina during a robbery
- It happened on Saturday
- The suspects reportedly brought Long's car back to Oklahoma, where Wagoner County deputies and task force officers found it in the Verdigris River.
- They said a fisherman spotted the car after it got hung up on a tree.
- The suspects are Matthew Fortney and Amber Hitchcock of Coweta and Broken Arrow, respectively
- The couple was arrested at a motel near I-244 and Garnett on Wednesday.
- Police said Hitchcock admitted to the murder.
- Hitchcock reportedly told them they met the victim while on vacation in Myrtle Beach and hung out with him for a few days before killing him during a robbery.
- Wagoner County officials say Hitchcock has other warrants for her arrest there.
- U.S Marshals, North Carolina law enforcement, Wagoner deputies, Broken Arrow police, Tulsa police and Tulsa County deputies all assisted in the investigation.
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- Police: Man holding stick shot by officer in Oklahoma City
- The Church Studio, once owned by Leon Russell now on National Register of Historic Places in state
- OU President David Boren announces retirement
- Man says he has no remorse for killing Muskogee woman's dog
- Find more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2018 Cox Media Group.