TULSA, Okla. - Some Oklahoma church congregations have returned from a trip to Sutherland Springs, Texas, where they worshiped with survivors of a mass shooting.
Pastor Deshawn Hardwell of Righteous on the Call told FOX23 in November that 25 pastors from across the region signed up to take their congregations to Texas.
The group left Dec. 9 for services at a church near the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs. Up to 200 people took part in the trip.
Organizers said they worshipped in a tent, where the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs congregation held service in the aftermath of the shooting.
- Police: Man staged Tulsa abduction to avoid paying out of state drug dealers
- Gun store burglar crashes through strip mall
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill speak out in favor of ‘common sense' gun control
- Police: Florida woman swaps bar codes, buys electronics for $3.70 at Walmart
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2018 Cox Media Group.