OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. — Oklahoma City Public Schools announced that on Monday night it will house up to 400 Oklahoma educators who live more than 60 miles from the Capitol.
Educators across the state shut down schools beginning April 2 to protest for better pay and education funding.
A registration page was set up on the school's website. Those looking for a place to stay at no cost while rallying in OKC can do so at the Capitol Hill High School Fieldhouse while space is available.
FOX23 will follow the walkout for its duration. Sign up for newsletters for updates sent to your inbox and download the FOX23 News app for breaking news updates.
- Oklahoma teachers prepare for week 2 of walkout: Live Updates
- Russell Westbrook "all in" for more school funding in Oklahoma
- Man helps younger brother with epic first date in viral Twitter thread
- Teen fatally shot by friend over $40 debt, police say
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters for stories sent to your inbox
© 2019 Cox Media Group