OKLAHOMA CITY - A bill that could stop Oklahomans from smoking with kids in the car has cleared a house committee.
The bill by Rep. Donnie Condit (D-McAlester) would make it illegal to smoke cigarettes, pipes or cigars if a child is present in a vehicle.
The fine for violating the measure would be a $20 fine, the same as a seatbelt violation.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Man accused of threatening child he doesn't know with knife at Broken Arrow park
- FOX23 Investigates: Tiny Homes for Big Heroes
- More than 40 Outback, Carrabba's, Bonefish restaurants closing
- Milo Yiannopoulos book deal canceled following remarks on pedophilia
- Sargento cheese recall expanded due to possible contamination
© 2019 Cox Media Group.