TULSA, Okla. — QUICK FACTS:
Tulsa area agencies are teaming up to make the roads safer for the holidays.
Oklahoma Highway Patrol and the ENDUI team will be joined with several other agencies including the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office and Tulsa Police Department to ensure drivers are driving responsibly.
Activities will begin the evening of December 31st and a checkpoint taking place from 9 pm-2am in the downtown Tulsa area. OHP says they won't announce the specific checkpoint locations until Monday morning.
It's all part of the nationwide campaign- "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over" that happens twice a year.
The Oklahoma Highway Safety Office is also offering a $10 Uber coupon and says there are several ride-share options for residents to not drive under the influence.
- Michelle Obama unseats Hillary Clinton as most admired woman in America, poll shows
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Slithering surprise: Texas man 'freaked out' to find dozens of rattlesnakes underneath shed
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your newsfeed
- 40-year-old Doritos bag found during nature trail cleanup
- Celebratory gunfire illegal, dangerous, police warn ahead of New Year's Eve
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for alerts sent to your phone
© 2020 Cox Media Group