TULSA COUNTY, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Oklahoma Highway Patrol is investigating a trooper-involved shooting in Tulsa County.
- Troopers said they were called to assist Pawnee County with a warrant near 41st and Campbell Creek Road.
- Troopers initially said two shots were fired by troopers on the scene of a home near Sand Springs
- FOX23 will update as we learn more. DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for alerts on your phone.
Oklahoma Highway Patrol is investigating a trooper-involved shooting in Tulsa County.
Pawnee County Sheriff's Office requested an assist with serving a warrant from Oklahoma Highway Patrol early Wednesday morning.
Law enforcement arrived at the home to serve the felony warrant and was told their suspect -- Phillip Hardman -- was staying at a home in Sand Springs.
Troopers say they spotted Hardman in a car outside the home in Sand Springs. Authorities chased the car for a short time before it turned around and went back to the home.
Shots were fired at the scene and two of the people were taken to the hospital -- Hardman and Christopher Pearson.
Hardman was shot at least once and is recovering in the hospital. Pearson was treated for injuries sustained as troopers say he struggled with the K9 officer and tried reaching for a trooper's gun.
- Police: Child killed in hit-and-run near Tulsa's Gathering Place
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Middle schoolers may be strapped into car booster seats in new Washington state law
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Amazon returns can be made to Kohl's stores starting in July
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.