• Officials: Space heater plugged into extension cord likely caused Muskogee house fire


    MUSKOGEE, Okla. - Fire destroyed a Muskogee home Saturday morning.

    It happened near Callahan and F Street before 8 a.m.

    Investigators told FOX23 that a space heater plugged into an extension cord is the likely cause of the fire. The victim said it was his only source of heat and he slept beside it.

    The man woke up to smoke and flames and immediately ran out the front door. His neighbors called 911. It took firefighters nearly an hour to get the flames under control.

    The house is likely a total loss, according to officials.

    Trending Stories

    Trending Video

    Tulsa teacher seen throwing desk in cellphone video

    Next Up:

  • Headline Goes Here

    Officials: Space heater plugged into extension cord likely caused…

  • Headline Goes Here

    Funeral service to honor former first lady Barbara Bush

  • Headline Goes Here

    Police: Driver fell asleep at wheel, crashed into Claremore fire hydrant

  • Headline Goes Here

    Two arrested on accusations of starting Washington County grass fires

  • Headline Goes Here

    Surviving sister testifies in Michael Bever trial