• Officials: Space heater plugged into extension cord likely caused Muskogee house fire


    MUSKOGEE, Okla. - Fire destroyed a Muskogee home Saturday morning.

    It happened near Callahan and F Street before 8 a.m.

    Investigators told FOX23 that a space heater plugged into an extension cord is the likely cause of the fire. The victim said it was his only source of heat and he slept beside it.

    The man woke up to smoke and flames and immediately ran out the front door. His neighbors called 911. It took firefighters nearly an hour to get the flames under control.

    The house is likely a total loss, according to officials.

    Trending Stories

    Trending Video

    Tulsa teacher seen throwing desk in cellphone video

    Next Up:

  • Headline Goes Here

    Officials: Space heater plugged into extension cord likely caused…

  • Headline Goes Here

    Tulsa school officials: Most people in community are 'understanding' of…

  • Headline Goes Here

    Locust Grove schools off lockdown after area threat

  • Headline Goes Here

    Owlets hatch after death of mother in midtown neighborhood

  • Headline Goes Here

    Two arrested, allegedly naked in Tulsa Macy's