MUSKOGEE, Okla. - Fire destroyed a Muskogee home Saturday morning.
It happened near Callahan and F Street before 8 a.m.
Investigators told FOX23 that a space heater plugged into an extension cord is the likely cause of the fire. The victim said it was his only source of heat and he slept beside it.
The man woke up to smoke and flames and immediately ran out the front door. His neighbors called 911. It took firefighters nearly an hour to get the flames under control.
The house is likely a total loss, according to officials.
- Hawaiian officials demand answers after false alarm of missile attack
- Jeff Bezos donates $33 million to scholarship fund for DACA recipients
- Influenza surveillance map: Where is the flu in my state?
- Woman says neighborhood church bells too loud
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2018 Cox Media Group.