TULSA, Okla. — Parents at East Central High School in Tulsa are worried after seeing another social media post threatening violence at the school on Monday.
Tulsa police told FOX23 they will have extra officers near the school.
The school’s principal posted a statement on the school’s Facebook page saying the district and police are working to investigate all information related to the threat.
Districts across Green Country handled numerous social media threats last week and several students were arrested.
Tulsa Public Schools released the following statement:
The same threat became a screen shot that went out to other students, appearing to threaten Edison Preparatory Academy. That threat was also investigated and deemed not credible. Security measures were increased at Edison as well.
- Oklahoma Senate committee approves bill requiring 'In God We Trust' in public classrooms
- People march in Tulsa in support of DACA
- $10K reward offered for information in case of missing CDC employee
- Florida school shooting survivor's mother says her family has received death threats
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters for stories sent to your inbox
© 2020 Cox Media Group