TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Monroe Demonstration Academy is focusing on adding diverse staff members for the new 2019-2020 school year.
- Over the summer of 2019, the school hired more than 70 teachers and support staff.
- The school's employees are now 55 percent people of color -- compared to the 27 percent average throughout the district.
- The school's principal told FOX23 that each class is expected to stay under 30 students.
- Every teacher is expected to have a second employee in the classroom -- such as a paraprofessional or teacher's assistant.
- The principal says they have a diverse student body and are proud to have a staff that reflects that diversity.
- WATCH FOX23 Reporter Jackie DelPilar's full story:
- Florida man uses front end loader to dump dirt on girlfriend's car, sheriff says
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Trump considers buying Greenland. Can he do it?
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Alabama man caught on video repeatedly hitting, trying to suffocate baby girl, police say
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.