TULSA, Okla. - The newly renovated Tulsa Club Hotel downtown is less than two days away from its grand opening and FOX23’s Rick Maranon stopped in for a tour.
The project took four years of restoration, but the building itself has sat empty even longer – since the mid-90s.
Pete Patel, president and CEO of Promise Hotels, told FOX23 that because of the tax credits received for historic preservation, the new Tulsa Club Hotel is a mic of art deco restoration and some much-needed reconstruction.
FOX23's Rick Maranon took a 360 degree camera inside the hotel for a tour. Watch it here:
“It really was a difficult project, mostly because a lot of it was charred, but the bones were solid,” Patel said.
For years, the halls of the Tulsa Club were empty and covered in graffiti. Now, visitors would never have even guessed about its past.
- Trump says Tiger Woods to get Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Man charged with throwing a 5-year-old boy off third-floor balcony at the Mall of America
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Bernie Sanders releases 10 years of long-awaited tax returns
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.