TULSA, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- A new library at a Tulsa school is dedicated to Khalid Jabara.
- Jabara was shot and killed in an alleged hate crime last year.
- PHOTOS: Khalid Jabara Library
A new library aims to encourage tolerance and diversity as it honors a Tulsa man killed in an alleged hate crime.
Police said Stanley Majors shot and killed Khalid Jabara last August at his home.
On Friday, B’Nai Emunah Preschool dedicated a new library in Jabara’s honor.
"It was wonderful to be with the Jabara family today at Congregation B'nai Emunah's dedication of a new library for children in honor of Khalid Jabara. The audience was filled with little kids, and Khalid will be a light in their lives as they read these books. There is more that unites us than divides us," Bynum said.
Organizers said it will house children’s books and family resources about justice, compassion, empathy and social change.
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- Woman cut with razor blade embedded in Walmart cart handle
- Mother shares heartbreak over son's baby blanket death to warn other parents
- Police: Florida woman hid meth in buttocks during jail booking
- Thunder's Roberson responds to bad tip accusation
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
Cox Media Group