TULSA, Okla. - Tulsa’s Kendall-Whittier neighborhood around continues to grow with the addition of the STEMcell Science Shop near Admiral and Lewis, along with several other businesses.
More than 40 new businesses have opened in the area in the last five years. Occupancy rates at Whittier Square will have grown from 35 percent to 97 percent once STEMcell and a new boutique officially open.
The neighborhood also has a new bookstore, a print shop and architecture firms.
STEMcell originally opened in the Boxyard in downtown Tulsa. For now, they are planning to keep that location, as well. The new store is expected to open in October.
- Colorado father charged with killing pregnant wife, two daughters, says wife killed children
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Mickey Mantle jersey from 1964 sells for record $1.32 million
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for breaking news alerts sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.