ADA, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- Ada man allegedly tried to drown two babies Friday.
- KXII reports that another child ran to a neighbor for help.
- The neighbor reportedly shot and killed the man when he saw him hold the children in the bathtub.
A man in Ada was shot and killed Friday after allegedly trying to drown twin infants, officials said.
According to KXII, officials said a 12-year-old ran for help when a man "was attempting to drown two small children…in the bathtub."
The boy reportedly found a neighbor to come over to the house. The neighbor shot and killed the man when he allegedly saw the man holding the babies in the bathtub.
KXII reports that the two 3-month-old children were taken to an Oklahoma City hospital and are stable. Their condition was not made available, but a relative told KXII he is glad the twins are safe.
The man was identified as Leland Foster and the father of the babies.
Ada police told KFOR that the neighbor who shot Foster was released but the district attorney will have to decide if the killing was justified.
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- Town wants to charge kids $110 for a business license to mow lawns
- Harley-Davidson recalls 57,000 motorcycles over oil-line failures
- Flesh-eating bacteria kills man who swam too soon after getting tattoo
- Employees busted for selling cocaine at Papa John's Pizza, police say
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2020 Cox Media Group