TULSA, Okla. - QUICK FACTS:
Muskogee High School senior student Raylynn Thompson revealed her college pick after being accepted to more than 60 of them.
Thompson says after four years of hard work at Muskogee High School, she is Muskogee High’s valedictorian. Thompson has a 3.93 GPA and already has 31 college credits.
- Thompson told FOX23 she didn’t mean to apply to so many schools, but that one application sent her information to 53 HBCU (historically black college and universities) and she applied to some others. She received a combined total of more than a million dollars in scholarship money. She chose Alcorn State in Mississippi and plans to major in biology and later go to medical school to become a neonatologist.
- Lori Thompson, Raylynn’s mom, says she’s proud of her daughter’s hard work. She’s also thankful that friends, family, and the community have been showing so much support to her daughter.
- Scam alert: Your social security number has not been suspended
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Hunter bags ‘turkey of a lifetime,' all-white feathered, 20-pound bird
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Tiger Woods Masters win leads to $1.2M payout to bettor
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.