MUSKOGEE, Okla. - Quick facts:
- The city of Muskogee says close to 40 restaurants and retail stores have opened, plan on opening or have expanded in the last year.
- Some businesses include American Pie Pizza, Pinon Creek, Mattie Janes on Main and Virginia Chicken Store.
- City officials say as businesses open and expand in Muskogee, other businesses and people will be attracted to the city.
- Many of the new restaurants will be on display on Saturday, Oct 12th for the Taste of Muskogee. The event will be held at the Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- Do students have to stand for the Pledge, anthem?
- Florida man arrested after couple finds hidden camera in Airbnb rental
- Father charged with murder in death of 2-week-old daughter
- In historic change, Boy Scouts to let girls in some programs
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2018 Cox Media Group.