PAWHUSKA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Multiple people were injured after a boat explosion in Osage County.
- It happened on Bluestem Lake near Pawhuska.
- The party was from Bartlesville, OK.
- Three children and two adults were hurt
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for breaking news updates sent to your phone.
Five Bartlesville residents were transported to Tulsa area hospitals after a boat explosion on Bluestem Lake.
It happened about 6:15 Sunday night.
Of those transported, three passengers were juveniles.
Twelve passengers were on board when it happened.
OHP said fumes from the engine compartment created poor ventilation, causing the fire.
A juvenile passenger is still in the hospital.
The others injured were treated and released.
Five Things You Need to Know on FOX23.com:
- Oil pipeline protest turns violent in southern North Dakota
- Pawnee Nation declares state of emergency after earthquake
- OCC orders shutdown of 37 wells after Pawnee earthquake
- 14 people injured when carnival ride throws passengers
- Midtown Tulsa home invasion suspects on the run after reportedly tying up residents, ransacking house
© 2019 Cox Media Group.