TULSA, Okla. - Principal photography for a new film starring "The Walking Dead" actor Steven Yeun recently wrapped in Oklahoma, according to the Oklahoma Film + Music Office and the Tulsa Office of Film, Music, Arts and Culture.
"Minari," a movie about a Korean father who moves his family to rural Arkansas, is being financed by A24 and produced by Brad Pitt's company, Plan B.
Officials said the production employed over 170 Oklahoma film industry members and local companies.
"Minari" executive producer Josh Bachove said Tulsa "provided the ideal location" to shoot the film.
A release date is currently set for 2020, according to the film's IMDB entry.
>>> Share this story now from the FOX23 News Facebook page:
- Deputies find AK-47, magazines after arresting teen accused of school threat
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Deputies: 4 children found dead in Florida after missing woman's body was found
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Backstreet Boys surprise Down Syndrome of Louisville group with meet-and-greet
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.