TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Police said a motorcyclist is in critical condition after crashing behind a trailer on southbound Highway 169.
- Officers told FOX23 the motorcyclist was driving fast behind someone pulling a trailer.
- The trailer's tires started to shred and the motorcyclist could not brake so he swerved and hit the wall of the highway.
- A Tulsa firefighter on his way to work stopped to perform CPR on the man before police arrived.
- Police said the man pulling the trailer will not be given a ticket for the shredded tire.
- The driver told police he pulled over down the highway to fix his tire and did not know the motorcycle crashed at the time of the accident.
- Police said the motorcyclist was driving too fast behind the trailer.
- All but one outside lane of Highway 169 were blocked.
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News App for LIVE traffic alerts.
- Police investigating armed robberies at two north Tulsa donut shops
- J.C. Penney to fill void of closed Babies R Us, open 500 children's clothing shops
- 2 Miami Dolphins kneel during national anthem in NFL preseason opener
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Rumor: Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte to be released earlier than usual
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for breaking news alerts sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.