TULSA, Okla. - QUICK FACTS:
- The mother of a fatal stabbing victim is speaking out.
- Lance Gatzman allegedly stabbed Christian Jones after a fight over a bicycle on Oct. 25.
- Christian's mother said he had only been in Tulsa for eight months.
FOX23 got the chance to talk to the mother of a young man fatally stabbed outside of Youth Services Tulsa in October.
Lance Gatzman allegedly stabbed Christian Jones after a fight over a bicycle.
On Wednesday, TPD sent a dive team to look for the knife in a pond near where they arrested Gatzman.
Thursday we spoke with Jones' mother who says their family is from Ada. She says Christian had never been to Tulsa before he moved here eight months ago.
Christian had been trying to make it through a program that provided some mental health help and job training.
Jessica Barnes says she really hated that her son moved so far away because she always worried about him. He always called and sent her pictures to let her know how we was doing.
He just turned 21 when he died.
Barnes says she knew immediately when detectives told her what happened, that she forgave Gatzman, but she still has questions-- like why? She knows there had to be more to it than a bicycle.
- AT&T settles unlimited data throttling suit, will pay $60 million
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
- Simmons Prepared Foods recalls poultry products for possible metal contamination
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Prosecutors charge man with hate crime in acid attack
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
© 2019 Cox Media Group.