GOODMAN, MO — Quick facts:
- What appears to have been a tornado in Goodman, Missouri, left behind damage Tuesday night.
- SEE PHOTOS: Damage from possible Goodman tornado
- The severe weather reportedly destroyed the Goodman fire department and left extensive damage at the local elementary school.
- At least one apartment complex also received damage.
- One person was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
- The Goodman Elementary custodian, Lucky, was in the building during the storm but took shelter and wasn't injured.
- School is canceled tomorrow for all Neosho Schools. Goodman Elementary is in that district even though it's outside of Neosho city limits
- The mayor of nearby Anderson is asking people to conserve water, because power is out to the water towers after the storm.
- Goodman is a small town of just over 1,200 people, according to 2010 census data. The town is located in southwest Missouri, south of Neosho.
- The National Weather Service ruled the tornado an EF-2
- Download the FOX23 News app for free HERE.
Trending Now on FOX3.com
- Georgia woman salted stepson's buttocks, paddled him until he bled, police say
- Tulsa police name 22-year-old woman as week's most wanted
- Husband having sex with wife in fatal DUI crash gets 5 years
- Antique revolver stolen from Tulsa gun show
- Police: Suspects tried to create 'panic' and 'terror' by shooting airsoft guns at Broken Arrow park
Cox Media Group