SAPULPA, Okla. - I'm not crying, you're crying!
Sapulpa Middle School held an assembly led by sixth-grader Tayber Belk on Tuesday morning.
Tayber helped with the Pledge of Allegiance and introduced a moment of silence in the school gymnasium.
Following the moment of silence, someone stood behind her after coming quietly through the doors on the other side of the gym.
Tayber's older brother, Austin Martin, had not seen his sister in nearly a year while he served as a Marine.
Austin stood quietly behind Tayber in the gym before she turned around and immediately hugged him. The gym full of students, teachers, and staff roared with applause as the two embraced.
You can see the entire moment here:
- Final trailer released for 'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker,' tickets on sale now
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
- Orionid meteor shower 2019: 7 must-see photos captured by skygazers
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Study finds majority of baby foods tested contain toxic metals that could lower babies IQ
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
© 2019 Cox Media Group.