TULSA, Okla. - A local service is offering people a chance to test their blood to see if their childhood measles vaccines are still effective.
Any Lab Test Now in midtown Tulsa offers $49 blood tests to check for antibodies.
This test determines if a person's childhood vaccines are still protecting against measles. Rubeola IgG Antibody >30 means a person should be protected from measles.
The Centers for Disease Control says anyone born before 1957 -- or who have had two doses of MMR and is in a high-risk environment should be protected. Anyone with one dose of the vaccine in a low-risk environment should be protected as well.
The test does not require a doctor's approval and results are given in 1-3 days.
The CDC recommends getting an MMR vaccine for anyone who is worried they are not protected against measles.
- Creepy creature in home security video may look like Dobby, Gollum, but probably not
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Man caught living in family's attic, visiting 14-year-old at night, police say
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Florida church plans 'Make America Straight Again' conference
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.