TULSA, Okla. — A local restaurant will show appreciation for area teachers with pizza.
Teachers who go to Mazzio's restaurants in Green Country on Tuesday nights from March 20 through April 24 will receive a free dinner buffet and a drink.
Mazzio's founder Ken Selby was a teacher before he opened his first restaurant, and his daughter, Lori, said he would be proud of honoring teachers with food.
"He felt that basic human rights were receiving a quality education and food, so I think he would be really proud of us for doing this," said Lori Selby.
Teachers will need to show a valid teacher ID to receive the free meal and drink.
The free meals come as teachers across the state of Oklahoma are threatening to walk out of their classrooms next month over low pay.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Austin bombings: Package explodes at Texas FedEx facility, reports say
- Breaking news and trending stories- 'LIKE' FOX23 News on Facebook
- More closures on Highway 75 during bridge project
- Mom accused of putting toddler sons in oven enters not guilty plea
- Police seek Tulsa teen accused of shooting with intent to kill
© 2019 Cox Media Group