TULSA, Okla. - Academy Award-winner Matt Damon is set to play an Oklahoma man in a new film called “Stillwater,” according to multiple reports.
Deadline reports Tom McCarthy is set to direct. His last feature, “Spotlight,” won Best Picture at the Oscars in 2015 and secured McCarthy a trophy for Best Original Screenplay and nomination for Best Director.
According to Variety, Damon will play an Oklahoma oil worker “who travels to Marseille to visit his estranged daughter who is in prison for a murder she claims she did not commit.”
Neither report indicated if the movie might shoot in Oklahoma or when production is set to begin.
- Police: Two dead in shooting at south Tulsa gym
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Utah kid advertises 'ICE COLD BEER'
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- 'Porch pirate' appears to steal heart transplant recipient's lifesaving medicine
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.