• Man sues local e-cigarette store after device explodes in mouth

    Updated:

    MUSKOGEE, Okla. - Quick facts:

    • Michael Williams has filed a lawsuit against E-Ciggeez of Muskogee.
    • He said the company was negligent in selling him an e-cigarette that exploded in his mouth.

     

    A Muskogee man is suing after his e-cigarette exploded in his mouth.

    Michael Williams, 22, said he was using an e-cigarette when it exploded.

    Williams is suing E-Ciggeez, an e-cigarette store out of Muskogee.

    The lawsuit also spells out the e-cigarette manufacturer and the company who made the casing.

    Williams said he was permanently disfigured as the result of the explosion. He said he also sustained damage to his vision.

    He said E-Ciggeez was negligent in their marketing and sale of the e-cigarette.

    He is asking all defendants for more than $75,000.

    ---

    5 things to know: The big stories on FOX23 News

    Get the latest news straight to your phone by downloading the FOX23 News app HERE.

     

    Next Up:


  • Headline Goes Here

    Man sues local e-cigarette store after device explodes in mouth

  • Headline Goes Here

    City utility workers taken to hospital after Cleveland gas line eruption

  • Headline Goes Here

    Mother shares story of son's suicide, what to know about stopping child suicide

  • Headline Goes Here

    Two children hit by car in midtown Tulsa, police say

  • Headline Goes Here

    NFL Draft continues on FOX23 Friday night