TULSA, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- Tulsa police detained a man they said smashed the windshields of two of their patrol cars in east Tulsa.
- Police told FOX23 they man was walking on the side of eastbound I-244 near Garnett when they tried to talk to him.
- Officers said that is when the man smashed in the windshields using a pipe and a board.
- About five officers tackled the man to the ground and handcuffed him.
- Police said the man had just walked out of Brookhaven Hospital and they did not arrest him because he needs to go back.
- Officers said they are concerned for his health, but he will have to face consequences for breaking the windshields.
- Man smashes police windshields in east Tulsa
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson visits Georgia Aquarium, shakes hands with beluga whale
- 'Mean mug' shooting: Man accused of killing friend over dirty look indicted
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Great white shark jumps out of water at researcher's feet
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for breaking news alerts sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group