TULSA, Okla. - Tulsa police are investigating a shooting that sent a man to the hospital early Thursday morning.
Police say they responded to a call about a copper theft at North Sheridan Church of Christ late Wednesday night, but no arrests were made.
The church kept two members at the property overnight for security in case someone came back to steal more.
Police say the church members heard someone on the roof stealing copper again around 4 a.m. Thursday.
The church members confronted the man in the parking lot and one of them shot him in the stomach.
Paramedics took the man to the hospital where he is said to be in critical condition.
Officers questioned and released the church members. The district attorney will determine if any charges will be filed against them.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Georgia high school basketball player dies after training in extreme heat, sources say
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Tulsa City Council to vote on resolution encouraging breastfeeding
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Illinois now first state to require insurance pay for children's EpiPens
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.