MUSKOGEE, Okla. — Quick facts:
- Betty Potts of Muskogee says her neighbor, Alan Murphy, shot her Jack Russell/Chihuahua Mix "Cowgirl" on Friday.
- According to court documents, Potts was walking home along 72nd Street when Murphy allegedly killed the dog.
- Potts says the dog was unleashed and walking a few feet in front of her, but she says it was not causing any problems.
- Court documents say two other neighbors support Potts' story.
- Murphy, who is charged with one count of felony animal cruelty, admits to killing the dog.
- He says the dog was trespassing on his land and threatening his son.
- Murphy says he has no remorse for killing the dog.
- Court document state Murphy was uncooperative with the deputy.
- Murphy has not been arrested for the crime.
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- Kevin Durant tweet calls out former coach, teammates
- Fox Sports Radio host thrown off CNN over off-color remark on live television
- Vigil held to remember teens killed in crash in Cherokee County
- Heartbroken father shares viral message after special needs son bullied
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
Cox Media Group