TULSA, Okla. - Police are investigating after a man robbed a lemonade stand run by children in north Tulsa on Tuesday afternoon.
The boys running the stand are 9 to 13.
Officials said the thief took about $100 from the boys. They’ve been operating the stand near 36th and Garrison for only a couple of days.
The suspect also took a cellphone from one of the children.
“As long as we’re OK, it’s good. But we’re all depressed that it happened,” said Isaiah, one of the boys running the stand.
FOX23 Reporter Cailey Dougherty spoke to some of the children Tuesday evening on Facebook Live:
“I’m very upset that someone would steal from young men trying to do something for themselves,” said parent Destiny Johnson.
They boys have already started collecting donations and are determined not to give up.
- Dog’s paws severely burned by hot pavement, pads burned off
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- 16 tons of cocaine worth $1 billion seized in shipping containers at Philadelphia port
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Man robs children running Tulsa lemonade stand
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.