TULSA, Okla. - An electric scooter is back with its owner tonight after police say a man took it on a low-speed chase.
A man took the scooter from Target near 71st and Garnett and tried to get away, according to police.
Officers reportedly caught the suspect scooting toward Broken Arrow and stopped him in a nearby shopping center about 1300 feet away.
Police said Target didn’t want to press charges.
They said that while similar crimes seem funny, it comes at a cost to taxpayers.
According to police, small crimes can be a waste of resources when victims choose not to press charges.
Officers allegedly complete the investigation and find a suspect, but without a victim they have no way to prosecute.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Get severe weather alerts, live streams and the latest conditions- download the FOX23 Weather app
- WATCH: Fiona the hippo gives mom hugs and kisses at Cincinnati Zoo
- Need a boost? Check out FOX23’s Good News feed
- Fallen Oklahoma officers to be honored at D.C. vigil
- Local art to be celebrated at Tulsa's Blue Dome Arts Festival
© 2019 Cox Media Group.