BRISTOW, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- Workers welding an iron fence accidentally started a deadly grass fire around 2 p.m. Monday.
- Workers told firefighters there was a welder trying to put out the flames when they overcame him.
- He was hospitalized but died of his injuries.
- Investigators say he may have had a medical condition that contributed to his death.
- The man is reportedly from Texas and does not live in Green Country.
- The fire happened about 2 miles east of Bristow near Highway 16.
- 'I did it to kill people,' 10-year-old allegedly tells police after driving truck through home
- Sen. James Lankford releases 'Federal Fumbles' list for 2017
- Spend your time wisely- Get the FOX23 News and Weather apps!
- 4-year-old served alcoholic milk shake, mother furious at restaurant
- Join the conversation about news that matters to YOU- FOX23 News on Facebook
Cox Media Group