TULSA, Okla. — Quick facts:
- A man is in custody after a chase led to a crash and then a foot chase in north Tulsa Tuesday afternoon.
- Police say a suspect took off from officers when he saw them.
- The chase ended with a crash near North Denver and Jasper.
- The suspect then reportedly took off on foot and reportedly offered a nearby homeowner $100 to hide him before breaking into an empty home, where police later found him in an attic.
- Police initially took the wrong man into custody after a woman in the vehicle said he was the suspect. He was later released after police said she was lying.
- The woman was taken into custody.
- Police said they also found a gun they said was thrown out of the car during the chase.
- The suspect was identified as Neville Ewell Jr. He faces three first degree burglary charges, among others.
- The woman was identified as Mleigh Jarrett.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- President Trump fires acting Attorney General for refusing to defend immigration order
- Trump replaces acting director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- Tulsa school district responds to video showing attack on special needs student
- Broken Arrow homicide victim pens chilling note month before her death
- Mary Tyler Moore cause of death revealed
© 2020 Cox Media Group