WAGONER COUNTY, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- OSBI has investigated the death of a man after a traffic stop in Wagoner County late July 1.
- Wagoner County deputies made a traffic stop at State Highway 51 and 260 Road just before 10 p.m.
- Deputies say the man -- Jeffrey Krueger -- kept reaching under his seat before one deputy drew a gun.
- Krueger allegedly reached out and tried grabbing the gun and struggle ensued with the deputies for about 5 minutes.
- Additional deputies were held up by a train in the area.
- EMS responding to the scene helped get Krueger into custody and he was taken to the hospital where deputies say he died.
- The district attorney says no charges will be filed against the deputies.
- The two deputies involved were placed on leave until the investigation was over.
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for breaking alerts sent to your phone
- Costa Rican government issues warning on tainted alcohol, at least 19 dead
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Michelle Obama most admired woman in the world, new poll finds
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Tiny, glow-in-the-dark shark discovered in Gulf of Mexico
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.