MOUNDS, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- A man bonded out of jail Tuesday after being charged in a "major" animal cruelty case in Tulsa County.
- Billy Dye is charged with one count of animal cruelty.
- Deputies arrested Dye and he posted $2,000 bond Tuesday morning.
- Documents show deputies found nearly 100 sheep and goats and a dozen pigs on his property near 181st Street South and Peoria in Mounds in late May.
- Six pens reportedly housed the animals but also contained several other animal carcasses and bones -- including a skull.
- Dye does not live at the property and told deputies he could not care for or find anyone else to care for the animals.
- The people who live on the property say they tried to help until two years ago when Dye told them to stay away from the animals.
© 2020 Cox Media Group