TULSA, Okla. - The FBI is investigating an emergency landing at Tulsa International Airport after an alleged sexual assault on Tuesday.
American Airlines flight 807 headed from Charlotte to Salt Lake City on Tuesday night were diverted to Tulsa.
American Airlines told FOX23 they made an emergency landing because a disruptive passenger had to be taken off the plane. Passengers on board posted pictures on social media of a man being removed from the flight when it landed at TIA by Tulsa Airport Police.
A woman on board the plane said she and her daughter were groped by the man sitting in their row of seats while they were both asleep.
Police arrested the man on complaints of public intoxication and later charged for sexual misconduct.
This is a developing story and we're working to get more details. DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
- AT&T settles unlimited data throttling suit, will pay $60 million
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
- Simmons Prepared Foods recalls poultry products for possible metal contamination
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Prosecutors charge man with hate crime in acid attack
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
© 2019 Cox Media Group.