TULSA, Okla. - Police arrested a 19-year-old man accused of trying to lure a young boy into the bathroom of a Tulsa library.
Officials said Darius Burch allegedly passed the boy a note at the downtown Tulsa library asking him to go to the bathroom with him.
The boy got scared and told his mother, who then called security, according to police. Officials said Burch admitted he was trying to molest the boy and had molested children before.
Burch was booked into the Tulsa County Jail on Saturday night.
The Tulsa City-County Library released the following statement:
The Tulsa City-County Library responded to an incident that occurred yesterday afternoon at its downtown Central Library location involving an inappropriate action by an adult male customer directed to a minor child. The minor customer alerted his mother who then alerted library security of the situation. The library's security team contacted local police and was able to detain the adult customer until officers arrived.
The Tulsa City-County Library takes all threats and incidents of deviant behavior very seriously. Library staff are trained to investigate and take quick action in working with local authorities to ensure any such incident is handled properly. The Tulsa City-County Library is thankful to its Central Library team and local law enforcement for their prompt response and investigation yesterday afternoon.
- WATCH: Florida school shooting survivor Emma Gonzalez slams politicians, NRA in emotional speech
- Jennifer Lawrence to take time off from acting in order to ‘fix our democracy'
- Delta passenger caught on video complaining about baby has been suspended from her job
- JNCO is closing for good; wide-leg jeans being liquidated
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters for stories sent to your inbox
© 2019 Cox Media Group.