BROKEN ARROW, Okla. - Police arrested a man Monday they say was pointing a rifle at people at a park in Broken Arrow.
Officers responded to several calls about a man with a gun at Nienhuis Park near 51st Street and 177th East Avenue around 6 p.m.
One woman told police the man pointed his rifle at her as well as in the direction of other people in the park.
Broken Arrow police say an officer saw the man -- 37-year-old Richard Hubbard -- with a rifle slung around his shoulder and a holstered pistol walking near the playground and toward the community center.
Police say they ordered Hubbard to get on the ground multiple times but the commands were ignored. Another officer arrived on the scene shortly after and used pepperballs to get Hubbard to comply.
Officers arrested Hubbard who faces charges for felony pointing of a firearm and obstruction.
- Police: Sapulpa woman said she needed to escape zombies, tried to steal truck
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Measles crisis: Get vaccinated or face $1,000 fine, New York orders neighborhood
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Man charged with animal cruelty for abandoning pet fish in filthy tank
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.